Off Roading

February 25 – Expedition Run to Atlanta (was Snake River)

Home Forums Public Forums Trail Rides and Events Announcements February 25 – Expedition Run to Atlanta (was Snake River)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Christian
    Christian
    Boise

ID

The Grown Up TJ should be out of surgery on 2/20. This will be the inaugural run of the V8 powered TJ. Let’s go see the river and take advantage of some of the lower flat lands.

Saturday February 25, 2017
    Event: Atlanta – Scenic Route
    Host: Christian Dahlstrom
    Who can attend: Everyone!
    Meeting Place: Albertsons at Gowan and Federal Way < -- Click the link
    Time: Meet at 9:15am – Pull out at 9:30am – Plan to return around 4pm
    Distance: Round trip from Albertsons is about 160 miles if we can get to Atlanta. I expect we will run into enough snow that we will turn around before Atlanta.
    Rig minimum: Stock. Yeah, this is a scenic ride. If we get into snow, you’ll want good tires. There are numerous photo opportunities.
    What to Bring: Lunch, water, very warm clothes
    Note: We will not do a mud run. Road damage goes against our Tread Lightly principle. An alternate trip may be planned.

Optional Meeting Place: IHOP on Federal Way < -- Click the link
    Optional Time: Breakfast at 8:00am — Then we will roll over to Albertsons to travel with the group.

[attachment=3:3lmstogm]11 – 2.jpg[/attachment:3lmstogm][attachment=2:3lmstogm]11 – 4.jpg[/attachment:3lmstogm]
    [attachment=1:3lmstogm]11 – 5.jpg[/attachment:3lmstogm][attachment=0:3lmstogm]11 – 6.jpg[/attachment:3lmstogm]

Fire Jeep
    Fire Jeep
    Star

ID

I will be out of town for this one.

Christian
    Christian
    Boise

ID

@Fire Jeep wrote:

I will be out of town for this one.

If it’s not me out of town, it’s you… we need to fix this. Maybe we can both make it to the Rocket Run. :rules: :occasion5:

ExPatWillys
    Participant

I’m interested – need to check the calendar and the “exit right” crew….

Christian
    Christian
    Boise

ID

Watching posts from others, I’ve noticed that this area is very muddy. We will not do a mud run.

I’m exploring an option of running up the Middle Fork of the Boise River toward Atlanta. Anyone have any opinions on this possibility?

Fire Jeep
    Fire Jeep
    Star

ID

@cdahlstrom wrote:

Watching posts from others, I’ve noticed that this area is very muddy. We will not do a mud run.

I’m exploring an option of running up the Middle Fork of the Boise River toward Atlanta. Anyone have any opinions on this possibility?

I think it’s worth looking at another area: I see a lot of muddy pictures on Facebook from this area. Heading towards Atlanta is a good option.

Christian
    Christian
    Boise

ID

:yahoo: The top post has been updated. Please review the run details. :yahoo:

Nikki
    Participant

Count me in!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tpbrandt
    Participant

I will be there.

Helrazer
    Helrazer
    Participant
    Eagle

ID

I plan on making this run. :D

ExPatWillys
    Participant

I’m not going to be able to make this one after all :(

blevins
    Participant
    Boise

ID

Jane and I will go.

SilverTJ
    Participant
    Boise

ID

I’ll be going as well. Mark Bennett

Nikki
    Participant

Turns out that I have to work Saturday morning, so I’m not going to be able to attend this run after all.

Christian
    Christian
    Boise

ID

We had 9 rigs. We made it all the way to Atlanta. I really didn’t think we would, but the road had been maintained. The scenery was very peaceful. To the two people who needed to be home early, I’m sorry you missed lunch. I hope you made it home on time.

Here are a few pictures.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Logo Footer

Idaho Off-Road 4x4 club is an association of people brought together to share a single passion: Four Wheeling! We are a family oriented club dedicated to keeping our public lands open while practicing the policy of TREAD LIGHTLY!

Meetings

We meet at 7 pm on the second Thursday of every month at Idaho Pizza in Meridian.

Contact

PO Box 995
Meridian, Idaho 83680

membership@idaho4x4.com