Off Roading

Idaho Off-Road 4×4 Club Landuse Message

Home Forums Public Forums Land Use Issues Idaho Off-Road 4×4 Club Landuse Message

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Fire Jeep Fire Jeep 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MidnightBurn
    MidnightBurn
    Participant

Idaho Off-Road 4×4 Club is serious about four wheeling. But we are also serious about four wheeling on only established roads and trails. We are working together with local, state, and federal representatives to keep our trails open. In order to do that, we have to play by the rules.

We spend a lot of time cleaning up our trails and maintaining them. But that’s what it takes to keep what we have, so we can enjoy them tomorrow and for years to come.

There are many outdoor recreationists that don’t play by the rules and care only about themselves. They travel cross country and tear up the land without any concern for others. They leave trash on the roads, trails and in open terrain. This is unfortunate. We are working to educate the public about responsible four wheeling and the importance of keeping our trails clean. It’s not really that difficult of a concept to understand – You Haul It In You Haul It Out!

Please continue to work together with us to protect our lands and keep them beautiful!

Thank you,

Idaho Off-Road

Christian
    Christian
    Boise

ID

Visit the Tread Lightly page for more information.

EDIT: Reposting to re-up this thread.. amazing that we’ve been discussing it for so long…

Christian
    Christian
    Boise

ID

Amazing. 5 yeas old, and still as relevant as ever. Thanks to Kevin for sharing.

sergeantrock
    Participant
    Kuna

ID

I can’t believe how time flies! 5 years ago I was at the Western State Fair and I saw IOR performing a rock crawling demonstration. I drug Steve over to the demonstration AND I WAS HOOKED. I LOVED watching the Jeeps crawl over the rocks. I wanted that adrenalin rush! Yes, I have not been rock crawling yet. I moved from the dreaded C word with a Jeep that had only seen the mountains on my dad’s property in Jackson. I WANTED THIS BAD. Here I am 5 years years later and have served on the Board/Council 4 of those 5 and am just about to purchase the axles that will get me out on those rocks! How refreshing it is to be with great people who have similar beliefs and interests AND accept those who don’t agree, and have a good time (aside from the occasional squabble).

I wish everyone one of you a MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!

LOVE YOU ALL!!
    DI

Christian
    Christian
    Boise

ID

I’m so happy to see this thread is still out here.

We’ve adopted two trails. Next weekend, we’ll be traveling one of those trails, Two Headed Dragon, and doing the needful cleanup. Please join us, you don’t have to drive over the rocks, there is a way around. Plus, if it isn’t too hot, we will do Lost Trail as well; it’s much more mellow, and somewhat scenic.

Fire Jeep
    Fire Jeep
    Participant
    Star

ID

This post is still relevant. Kevin continues to look out for how the land is used, this many years later. Thank you, sir.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Logo Footer

Idaho Off-Road 4x4 club is an association of people brought together to share a single passion: Four Wheeling! We are a family oriented club dedicated to keeping our public lands open while practicing the policy of TREAD LIGHTLY!

Meetings

We meet at 7 pm on the second Thursday of every month at Idaho Pizza in Meridian.

Contact

PO Box 995
Meridian, Idaho 83680

membership@idaho4x4.com