Off Roading

Labor day campout and trail ride September 1st thru the 4th

Home Forums Public Forums Trail Rides and Events Announcements Labor day campout and trail ride September 1st thru the 4th

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Marcy
    Participant
    Boise

ID

When —September 1st thru 4th

Where— Landmark

Hey everyone sorry for the late post but here we go. The plan is to camp in landmark at the intersection of the warmlake highway and the Johnson creek road. The road is paved to that point so no durt road for the RV’s. The plan is to run some trails up in that area, maybe even head back towards Yellowpine and do some around there.  :yahoo:

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Fire Jeep Fire Jeep.
    ncs
    ncs
    Participant
    Wilder

ID

Is this still going to happen?  There was doubt at the last meeting because of the fires.

markrez
    markrez
    Participant
    Meridian

ID

We’d be interested in attending if it is.

Marcy
    Participant
    Boise

ID

Yes the event is still on. Not many replies so we dont know how many will be going. We are going to move the camping spot a little. The new location is going to be the Penn Basin campground.  With the stage 1 fire restrictions out there this will let us still have a fire. To get to the campground you go past the previous location and go into the landmark valley. Then before you cross the Johnson Creek  Bridge you will turn to the right and follow the road toward Deadwood Resivour. You will only be going a short distance to the road that takes you back to the campground. It shows it is a free campground and it does have fire rings and pit toilets. http://www.ultimatecampgrounds.com/ucpage/5356/ID/Penn-Basin-USFS :good:

SilverTJ
    Participant
    Boise

ID

I be joining as well now that I am back in town, I’ll be heading up on Thursday morning. Looking forward to the trip.

Mark Bennett

ncs
    ncs
    Participant
    Wilder

ID

Well, I’m in then.  Probably get there Friday evening.

Marcy
    Participant
    Boise

ID

Ok everyone, last call

Dan and I are leaving wednesday morning so we need to know any others that may be coming. All are welcome….but i need to know for the club dinner on Sunday how many people. If yoy are thinking of making it a day run let us know asap. 208-867-4560.

Marcy

SilverTJ
    Participant
    Boise

ID

Chuck and Sherry went up there with John and Deb Monday morning, I understand from Chuck that Justin & Ginny Simms are coming up as well and I’ll be there Thursday morning.

Mark Benn

El Jay
    Participant
    Meridian

ID

Heather, Cierra, and myself will be up Friday evening. Do we need to bring anything for the dinner Sunday night?

SilverTJ
    Participant
    Boise

ID

Just remembers Ray and Manny are coming up Friday as well and there was a possibility of Mark and Lola but we weren’t sure because they took off camping this past weekend but had mentioned that they might be going up there as well.

Mark Bennett

Christian
    Christian
    Boise

ID

:mail: How was it?

ncs
    ncs
    Participant
    Wilder

ID

I was there between Friday afternoon and Sunday at 11.  It was lots of fun.  Lots of people 4wheeling, food, and space for camping.  A little too much dust though.  The only problem anyone had was a clogged fuel filter.  The battery in my camera was dead, so I only got a few cellphone pictures.

http://www.nwcruisers.com/runs/2017/yellowpine/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Logo Footer

Idaho Off-Road 4x4 club is an association of people brought together to share a single passion: Four Wheeling! We are a family oriented club dedicated to keeping our public lands open while practicing the policy of TREAD LIGHTLY!

Meetings

We meet at 7 pm on the second Thursday of every month at Idaho Pizza in Meridian.

Contact

PO Box 995
Meridian, Idaho 83680

membership@idaho4x4.com