Off Roading

Local Shop?

Home Forums Public Forums Tech Talk Local Shop?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Basquelander
    Participant

Hey Guys & Gals – The family and I recently (late summer) relocated back to Boise after being away for roughly 8 years. Over those years I’ve got into running Jeeps (first a TJ and now a JK) and have been fortunate to have some good shops around me. Any recommendations on a good shop in the area? I haven’t had much luck with BUCK’s so i’m looking for options.

Problem: I recently tried to have an alignment done (jeep was drifting right) and the tire shop told me my drivers side castor is running 8.1* and my passenger 5.6* so they couldn’t align. I’ve tried using my own angle finders and my readings are all over the place (cheap harbor freight digital); taken on the front axle C mine tended to read 9.8* driver side. Anyway overall reduction by way of lengthening my upper control arm seems to be roughly 3* on the drivers side; so far I’ve left my passenger untouched. technically that should put me at 5.1* if the shops numbers were correct.
    Here is the kicker: I’m worried because my angle at the hole next to the pumpkin was previously 89.70 and now it reads 87.00 (which I think is too low?). My drive line angle changed from 8* to 7.2* and i’m not sure if that is an issue..
    Any help your group could give would be much appreciated! You guys have room for a newbie?

Rig Details:
    Jeep JK Sahara Unlimited (started its life anyway)
    Year:2009
    Transmission: Manual
    Suspension: 5.5″ Rock Krawler Long Arm; Fox 2.0 adj. shocks/res; Fox steering stabilizer
    Wheels & Tires:17″ Method wheels; 37″ Goodyear Wrangler MT/R’s with Kevlar
    Bumpers: Smittybuilt Front and Rear
    Armor: custom shop underarmor
    Drivetrain: 5:13 gearing; Sway bar disconnects; G2 Core44 front Axle; Tom Woods Front Drive Shaft; Front & Rear ARB Air Lockers with ARB air compressor.
    Winch: Westin Tmax 9500
    Performance: RIPP Supercharger with intercooler; ARB compressor; AEV Snorkel
    Lights:3 X 10″ LightForce Round lights
    CB with Firestik; Surco roof cross bar system.

Tumbleweed
    Participant
    Garden City

ID

I would stop by and talk with Kevin at American Vintage 4×4. 707 Ralstin in Meridian. http://www.AV4x4.com
    Kevin is a member here and goes by Midnight Burn on this forum. He owns the shop.

Basquelander
    Participant

Thanks Tumbleweed! I wasn’t aware of that shop and will stop by his place. I appreciate the quick response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basquelander
    Participant

I stopped in and met Kevin. Good guy and he’s got me scheduled in. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

76CJ5
    76CJ5
    Participant
    Boise

ID

Sounds like you have a great build going on your rig. Look forward to seeing you at a club meeting?
    We have a club run this weekend. Sounds like your rig should be just the ticket. Check the club site. :occasion5:
    Anyone and everyone is invited, as long as you meet trail requirements :rules:

Basquelander
    Participant

76CJ5 – I’ll jump on the site and try to get signed as an official member this week.
    The kids have a soccer tournament this weekend so I might have to miss the run…
    Would love to join you guys if I can make it work though! I’m ready to get the Jeep out.
    thanks
    Ben

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Logo Footer

Idaho Off-Road 4x4 club is an association of people brought together to share a single passion: Four Wheeling! We are a family oriented club dedicated to keeping our public lands open while practicing the policy of TREAD LIGHTLY!

Meetings

We meet at 7 pm on the second Thursday of every month at Idaho Pizza in Meridian.

Contact

PO Box 995
Meridian, Idaho 83680

membership@idaho4x4.com