Off Roading

Owyhee County RS 2477 Meetings

Home Forums Public Forums Land Use Issues Owyhee County RS 2477 Meetings

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #132986

    BasqueMan
    Participant

    For any and all interested in Owyhee County, I just received the following notice.


    Subject: Owyhee County Meetings

    I just saw in the Avalanche today where Owyhee County will be hosting public meetings on their plan to assert RS 2477 rights-of-way on roads and trails across public land in Owyhee County. The first meeting was on Tuesday in Marsing; there was also one today in Jordan Valley (I’ve looked through my past three weeks of Avalanche’s and can’t find any notice of those meetings). There will be a meeting Thursday (today when you read this) in Bruneau at the Rimrock Jr./Sr. High school, 7:00pm, 39678 Hwy 78. There will be another on Friday at the Owyhee County Historical Museum, 7:00 pm, 17085 Basey St., in Murphy.

    I will try to attend the one in Murphy Friday as I have plans tonight. I’ll try to listen, keep my mouth shut, (yeah, I hear you all snickering) and file a report later. Written comments will be accepted through Monday, March 14.

    #140359
    76CJ5
    76CJ5
    Participant
    Boise

    ID

    Thank you Joe for all your hard work and time involved with land issues and participation with the IRC. Most IOR members don’t realize the time you spend after work following and being involved with the issues to keep our trails open. :notworthy: :evil3: :smt024

    #140358

    BasqueMan
    Participant

    @whpony96 wrote:

    @76cj5 wrote:

    Thank you Joe for all your hard work and time involved with land issues and participation with the IRC. Most IOR members don’t realize the time you spend after work following and being involved with the issues to keep our trails open. :notworthy: :evil3: :smt024

    Oh yes I do! Joe should run for governor! LOL!!


    You guys are WAY too kind. Hard overstates my efforts. I just try to keep us informed of all the hard work others are doing, so that we might coordinate with them to be more effective. I don’t spend that much time doing things I wouldn’t be doing anyway.

    And Scott, I wouldn’t wish that on ANYONE.

    Although, if I could be “dictator-for-a-week”, I think I could “solve” a few issues…

    #140357
    Christian
    Christian
    Moderator
    Boise

    ID

    @basqueman wrote:

    Although, if I could be “dictator-for-a-week”, I think I could “solve” a few issues…

    To hell with dictator, I just want to be an old tyme Sheriff

    All jesting aside, it is important to us to keep an eye on activities in Owyhee County. That’s where we play. And, thanks to Joe for keeping us in the loop.

    #140356

    BasqueMan
    Participant

    In that vein…

    Carl Bloomquist, an avid member of the Boise ATV Club, (and past president I believe) attended the Thursday meeting and sent out this summary:

    “I’m back from Buneau and I have good news to report. After the presentation, I sat down with the three commisioners and asked them straight out if they were going to use this county right-of-way deal to regulate who uses these roads and trails and they said no. They told me that they couldn’t do that because it’s still public property and a public road. Their purpose here is to try to establish rights of way, backed up by historic use, so they have an argument to keep the BLM from closing these routes. I’m still not convinced that they’re going to be successful, but it appears that they’ve done thier homework so we’ll see. At least i’m reasonably assured that they’re not trying to hose us on the deal, so I’m going to stand down & relax a bit.”

    Carl

    Thank you to Carl for representing motorized users and giving us this recap.

    I took the easy way out :oops: and skipped the drive to Murphy (almost 60 miles each way) since he had already done this. See, I told you I don’t do that much…

    #140355
    Christian
    Christian
    Moderator
    Boise

    ID

    @basqueman wrote:

    @Carl Bloomquist wrote:

    After the presentation, I sat down with the three commisioners and asked them straight out if they were going to use this county right-of-way deal to regulate who uses these roads and trails and they said no. They told me that they couldn’t do that because it’s still public property and a public road. Their purpose here is to try to establish rights of way, backed up by historic use, so they have an argument to keep the BLM from closing these routes.

    Do we have a map of the roads that are involved in this discussion? What can we do to help?

    #140360

    Spartan
    Participant

    Keep up the good work :occasion5:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Logo Footer

Idaho Off-Road 4x4 club is an association of people brought together to share a single passion: Four Wheeling! We are a family oriented club dedicated to keeping our public lands open while practicing the policy of TREAD LIGHTLY!

Meetings

We meet at 7 pm on the second Thursday of every month at Idaho Pizza in Meridian.

Contact

PO Box 995
Meridian, Idaho 83680

membership@idaho4x4.com