Off Roading

Owyhee County TMPs (Travel Management Plans)

Home Forums Public Forums Land Use Issues Owyhee County TMPs (Travel Management Plans)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Christian
    Christian
    Boise

ID

Keep your eyes on this one people. Our main playground is being reviewed for road closures.

As many recall, we had years of meetings to discuss the Murphy subdivision of the Owyhee County. I think we were able to keep almost all of our rock crawling areas. There were a few closures that made it difficult (impossible) to get to some easy trails without going through a hard trail. However, our efforts were rewarded with the continued use of the land.

Now, the BLM (Bureau of Land Management) is reviewing the rest of the county. Currently on the chopping block is the NCA (Morley Nelson Snake River Birds of Prey NCA) and Canyonland East. The NCA is the area used for the Turkey Run. Canyonland East contains Gauntlet and Diffhanger. I’m sure there are many more in these areas, and I need your help to be sure they are highlighted.

Here is the map page for the BLM – http://www.blm.gov/id/st/en/prog/planning/Travel_Management/travel_management/maps.html – Please download Google Earth and the KMZ file from the map page to see where the trails exist. You’ll notice quickly that there are lots of trails in the NCA area that are not on the TMP. :-(

Fire Jeep
    Fire Jeep
    Star

ID

Thank you Christian. We MUST stay on top of this one.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Logo Footer

Idaho Off-Road 4x4 club is an association of people brought together to share a single passion: Four Wheeling! We are a family oriented club dedicated to keeping our public lands open while practicing the policy of TREAD LIGHTLY!

Meetings

We meet at 7 pm on the second Thursday of every month at Idaho Pizza in Meridian.

Contact

PO Box 995
Meridian, Idaho 83680

membership@idaho4x4.com