Off Roading

Sawtooth NF road closure

Home Forums Public Forums Land Use Issues Sawtooth NF road closure

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  76CJ5 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christian
    Christian
    Boise

ID

I received this from the State Association. I think this is something our club should support. Please comment.

My name is Jocelyn Maxwell and I am from Kimberly, Idaho. I’m am writing in hopes of gaining your support in a four year project of mine involving a road closure in the Sawtooth National Forest South of Hansen, Idaho, and part of the Minidoka Ranger District.
    Four years ago the ranger in charge of the Minidoka Ranger District closed a section of the main Forest Service Road #500 known as Telephone Canyon. They put a gate across the road and closed it to full size vehicles, and left it open to ATV’s. This was not a two dirt track in the middle of no where. This was one of only two roads crossing over the top of the mountain range, and the other is snowed in until mid June or early July. This blocked recreation and wood cutting to thousands of acres of our forest. Since the closure I have been rallying support to have the full size vehicle restriction lifted.
    I am asking ATV and 4X4 clubs to join me in this small battle in the war on road closures. If you would like to join me in this please contact me via email or call me at 208 731 5660. Or call the ranger in charge of the Minidoka Ranger District and tell him you support me. His name is Scott and his number is 208 678 0430.
    Thank You,
    Jocelyn Maxwell

76CJ5
    Participant
    Boise

ID

HELL YEA! Who gives some of these agencies the right to put up gates anywhere they want. Give me some marching orders. :sos:

76CJ5
    Participant
    Boise

ID

Joe, I think we should follow up on this. Next time it could be our back yard.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Logo Footer

Idaho Off-Road 4x4 club is an association of people brought together to share a single passion: Four Wheeling! We are a family oriented club dedicated to keeping our public lands open while practicing the policy of TREAD LIGHTLY!

Meetings

We meet at 7 pm on the second Thursday of every month at Idaho Pizza in Meridian.

Contact

PO Box 995
Meridian, Idaho 83680

membership@idaho4x4.com