Off Roading

Wonder if we could help……

Home Forums Public Forums Land Use Issues Wonder if we could help……

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Scrambled
    Scrambled
    Participant
    Caldwell

Idaho

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/04/02/2060071/a-remedy-for-blacks-creeks-black.html

Anyone be interested in lending a hand if they will let us? I think that this would be a great show of support for maintaining a beautiful area……

We could pitch in on the fence building and/or trash pickup.

Tumbleweed
    Participant
    Garden City

ID

Oh how soon the Audobon society forgets us. We (4×4’s) shared a clean up with them at that area a few years ago. Talk about getting thrown under the bus. :evil:
    April 25, 2010 from their blog-
    “On Saturday, April 24th around 50 volunteers gathered at Black’s Creek for the annual spring clean up. The event was organized by the Golden Eagle Audubon Society, with incredible help from several local off-road clubs including Idaho Off-road 4 x 4 Club, Hillbilly Rock Crew, High Desert Off Road, and Wild West Off Roaders, all members of the Idaho State 4×4 Association. We picked up 3 large dumpsters worth of trash and left the site much cleaner. If you’re out there using the site, please tread lightly and clean up after yourself! Most of what we picked up were targets from shooters. If you want a nice place to site your gun, we recommend the Black’s Creek Public Shooting Range run by Idaho Fish and Game just a mile west from the reservoir”

Fire Jeep
    Fire Jeep
    Star

ID

Thanks for posting the quote from the earlier story; I was kind of put off after reading the article in the newspaper. I felt they were pretty hard to the 4×4 community in general and made us all look bad. But it’s the same old thing, the actions of a small few make everyone look guilty just for having a transfer case.

Christian
    Christian
    Boise

ID

So… here is the plan…

Let’s get as many people as possible to show up for the spring clean up in our Off-road rigs. Then, we take pictures of the group holding the bags and picking up the piles of garbage.

We submit the article to the Statesman and see what happens. Do you think we will get an article thanking the off-road community for keeping a dirty section of highway clean? Let’s see.

Fire Jeep
    Fire Jeep
    Star

ID

I thought of that, except I think the clean-up is scheduled for the same day as our tech inspection: April 21st.

Scrambled
    Scrambled
    Participant
    Caldwell

Idaho

@Fire Jeep wrote:

I thought of that, except I think the clean-up is scheduled for the same day as our tech inspection: April 21st.

It does indeed clash with our tech inspect….

Tumbleweed
    Participant
    Garden City

ID

We sent pictures from that 2010 clean up to the Statesman and they never printed them. You can see those pics on Planet by looking under Earth Day clean up from 2010. The Audobon society also submitted their pics of us and they were not used. BTW only 1 person from IOR showed up for the 2010 clean up, I asked for help at two meetings with 6 weeks advance notice. Good luck.

Christian
    Christian
    Boise

ID

Of course, it is the same day as the Race to Robie Creek as well. Isn’t that nice.

BasqueMan
    Participant

@cdahlstrom wrote:

Of course, it is the same day as the Race to Robie Creek as well. Isn’t that nice.

Thereby guaranteeing zero media coverage… :?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Logo Footer

Idaho Off-Road 4x4 club is an association of people brought together to share a single passion: Four Wheeling! We are a family oriented club dedicated to keeping our public lands open while practicing the policy of TREAD LIGHTLY!

Meetings

We meet at 7 pm on the second Thursday of every month at Idaho Pizza in Meridian.

Contact

PO Box 995
Meridian, Idaho 83680

membership@idaho4x4.com